Toyo Ink Group Basic Policy on Biodiversity
The Toyo Ink Group is committed to actively promoting activities aimed at protecting biodiversity from any potential impact resulting from its business activities.
- The Toyo Ink Group will always take biodiversity into consideration when procuring raw materials and will make every effort to use living resources in a sustainable manner.
- The Toyo Ink Group will actively promote product development with the aim of avoiding chemicals that could potentially affect biodiversity, especially environmental hormones (endocrine disrupting chemicals), and expand its range of environmental hormone-free products.
- The Toyo Ink Group will actively promote local initiatives aimed at maintaining and preserving water quality.
- The Toyo Ink Group will actively promote efforts to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC) and engage in activities aimed at minimizing the impact of its own actions and those of its customers on biodiversity.
- The Toyo Ink Group will implement and assist with locally-oriented biodiversity preservation activities in the vicinity of its domestic and overseas plants in conjunction with local authorities and related organizations.
- The Toyo Ink Group will promote educational activities aimed at raising awareness of biodiversity.
(Adopted in May 2009)