|Toyo Ink Initiatives||Social Initiatives|
• Basic Law for Environmental Pollution Control enacted in Japan.
• Established the Environmental Improvement Center.
• Opened the Printing Wastewater Treatment Advisory Center.
• Won an environmental award from the Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan, for developing water-based color materials and related pollution-prevention technology.
• Established system for conducting mutation testing at research laboratory and began testing.
• Law establishing Super Fund enacted in the United States.
• Law Concerning the Protection of the Ozone Layer through the Control of Specified Substances and Other Measures enacted in Japan.
• Established Companywide environment and safety rules.
• Action Program to Arrest Global Warming formulated.
• Law to Promote the Utilization of Recycled Resources (Recycling Law) enacted in Japan.
• Global Environmental Charter adopted by Japan Federation of Economic Organizations.
• Announced basic principles concerning environment.
• Exhibited soy ink at GraphExpo 1992 in New York.
• Global Summit held by International Conference on the Environment and Development.
• Established the Environment and Safety Promotion Group.
• Established Take Off 2007, the corporate vision.
• Basic Environmental Law enacted by Japan.
• Basic Environmental Plan enacted.
• Introduced offset ink with aroma-free solvent and cleaning solvent.
• Obtained Eco Mark certification for “tote tank” returnable containers.
• Law for Promotion of Sorted Collection and Recycling of Containers and Packaging (Containers and Packaging Recycling Law) established in Japan.
• Introduced non-toluene laminate ink.
• Established basic management policy concerning the environment (Environmental Charter and Action Principles).
• ISO 14001 series of international standards established.
• Obtained Eco Mark certification for aroma-free newspaper ink.
• Environmental Impact Assessment Law (Environmental Assessment Law) issued in Japan.
• Air pollution guidelines for dioxin established.
• Third session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (CDP3) held.
• “Triple bottom line” (economic, environmental, social) proposed by John Elkington, founder of the British firm SustainAbility.
• Obtained Eco Mark certification for offset sheet-fed and web ink.
• Introduced soy ink, certified with both the American Soybean Association soy seal and the Eco Mark.
• Established the Toyo Ink Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
• Law for the Recycling of Specified Kinds of Home Appliances (Home Appliance Recycling Law) issued in Japan.
• Established the Ecology Center.
• Inaugural issue of the Environmental Report published.
• “Global compact” proclaimed by United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan.
• Law Concerning the Promotion of the Measures to Cope with Global Warming (Global Warming Countermeasures Law) enacted in Japan.
• Law to Promote Management of Specified Chemical Substances established in Japan (PRTR Law.)
• Law Concerning Special Measures against Dioxin established in Japan.
• Received third “Green Purchasing Award.”
• Introduced LEOSTEP low-VOC sheet-fed printing system.
• Container and Packaging Recycling Law fully in effect.
• Fundamental Law for Establishing a Sound Material-Cycle Society established in Japan.
• Japan's Waste Disposal and Public Cleansing Law revised.
• Recycling Law revised.
• Established Risk Management Committee.
• Introduced FD Hybrid Echo SOY.
• PRTR Law fully in effect.
• Law Concerning the Promotion of Procurement of Eco-friendly Goods and Services by the State and Other Entities (Green Purchasing Law) enacted in Japan.
• “Green standards” for offset-printing services established by Japan Federation of Printing Industries.
• Offset Printing Service Ordering Guidelines published by Green Purchasing Network.
• Held Toyo Ink Environmental Seminars at head office, Chubu branch office, and Kansai branch office.
• Introduced Unity series.
• Soil Contamination Measures Law established in Japan.
• Law Concerning Recycling of Construction Materials (Construction Recycling Law) enacted in Japan.
• Kyoto Protocols ratified by Japan.
• Basic Law on Energy Policy issued by Japan.
• 2002 issue of Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines published.
• Introduced FineStar series.
• Launched Fuji Plant cogeneration system.
• Revised the Toyo Ink Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
• Established Compliance Committee.
• Established rules for chemical risk management.
• Soil Contamination Measures Law enacted in Japan.
• Basic Plan for Establishing a Recycling-Based Society formulated.
• “Green standards” for seal-, gravure-, and screen-printing services established by Japan Federation of Printing Industries.
• Waste and Cleansing Law revised.
• Integrated Aoto Plant (offset ink) into Saitama Plant.
• Established Compliance Month, published collection of model cases and conducted educational activities.
• 2003 edition of Environmental Reporting Guidelines issued by Japan's Ministry of the Environment.
• Chemical Substances Screening Law enacted in Japan.
• Revised Air Pollution Control Law issued.
• Established Environment Month, published Green Book and conducted educational activities.
• Established CSR Charter and Action Guidelines.
• Established CSR Committee.
• Established Environment and Safety Principles and Action Guidelines.
• Publication of the Toyo Ink Group CSR Guidebook and distribution to all personnel.
• Automobile Recycling Law enacted in Japan.
• Entry force of Kyoto Protocols.
• Law Concerning Environmental Consideration enacted in Japan.
• Personal Information Protection Law enacted in Japan.
• Public concern over harmful effects of asbestos on human health.
• Revision of Waste Disposal and Public Cleansing Law to improve prevention of illegal dumpling.
• The first session of the parties to the Kyoto Accords (COP/MOP I) adopts the Marrakesh Accords.
• Published Green Book — Environmental Safety Edition in the second Environment Month.
• Toyo Ink (Thailand) obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• The Chubu Branch Office and Oriental Kasei obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• Reorganized the Ecology Center as the Environment & Safety HQ.
• The new Asbestos Law came into effect.
• The Revised Law Concerning the Rational Use of Energy and the Revised Global Warming Countermeasures Law came into effect.
• The Revised Industrial Safety and Health Law came into effect (for safety and health management system, GHS, etc.)
• The Revised Air Pollution Control Law came into effect (for anti-VOC measures.)
• Third edition of the GR Guidelines published.
• Shanghai Toyo Ink Mfg obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• Kansai Regional Office obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• The intergovernmental Panel on Climate (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report issues by the Working Group III at a ninth session.
• European chemicals regulations (REACH) came into effect.
• Toyochem Specialty Chemical Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) obtains ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
• Rooftop gardening completed (Kawaguchi Center.)
• Global Warming Solutions Act and Energy Saving Act revised.
• Basic Act on Biological Diversity comes into force.
• The first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol commences (through 2012.)
• Low Carbon Society Action Plan (cabinet decision.)
• G8 Toyako Summit.
• The Environmental & Safety HQ reorganized, the Environmental & Safety Promotion Dept., the Production & Logistics HQ and the Chemical Substances Control Dept. of the Procurement HQ established.
• New interim environmental targets (by 2017) set.
• Basic policy concerning biodiversity established.
• Ordinance for Measures to Prevent Global Warming of Saitama Prefecture comes into force.
• COP15 (Copenhagen.)
• A global chemicals management project and CO2 reduction project launched as Companywide initiatives.
• Training begins for environmental and safety managers at overseas affiliates.
• The Eco-Efficiency Award 2010 “Chairman's Prize, the Japan Eco-Efficiency Forum” is awarded.
• The 14th Environmental Report Award “Excellence Prize” is awarded.
• Revised Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act comes into effect.
• COP10 (Nagoya.)
• A holding company system is adopted, Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co., Ltd. is established, and a corporate split is executed to create Toyo Ink Co., Ltd. and Toyochem Co., Ltd. as core operating companies.
• The 2011 Good Design Award “Special Prize,” the 8th Eco Products Awards “Excellence Prize,” and the 21st Grand Prize for the Global Environment Award “Minister's Prize, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry” are awarded for rice inks for offset printing.
• Sam Young Ink & Paint Mfg. Co., Ltd. (South Korea) obtains ISO 14001 certification.
• Great East Japan Earthquake (3/11), East Shizuoka Earthquake (3/15.)
• TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.
• Restriction on the Use of Electricity imposed under the Electricity Business Act.
• Act on special measures concerning radioactive waste goes into effect.
• Toyocolor Co., Ltd. is established as the third core operating company.
• The Production & Logistics HQ and the Procurement HQ are integrated to establish the Production-Logistics-Procurement HQ.
• The “LCA Forum Encouragement Prize” of the 9th LCA Society of Japan Awards is awarded.
• The Revised Water Pollution Control Act goes into effect.
• Act on Special Measures concerning Promotion of Proper Treatment of PCB Waste is revised and goes into effect (extension of the disposal period for PCB waste.)
• Conducted carbon offset of rice ink.
• Supported Toyo Ink MOTTAINAI Campaign.
• Established Trade Control Department in Production-Logistics-Procurement HQ.
• Revised Basic Act on Promotion of Global Warming Countermeasures enacted (end of the Kyoto Protocol's first commitment period.)
• Fourth edition of the GRI Guidelines published.
• Revised Law Concerning the Recovery and Destruction of Fluorocarbons issued in Japan.
• Minamata Convention on Mercury adopted.
• Dissolved Production-Logistics-Procurement HQ and establishedProduction-Logistics HQ and Procurement HQ.
• Completed soil purification in the Jujo area (Itabashi-ku, Tokyo). (Zoning as contamination area dissolved.)
• Began to introduce solar power generation systems for selling electric power.
• Issued Chinese version of the CSR Report 2014.
• Revised Energy Saving Act enacted in Japan (measures for balancing electric power demand etc.)
• Water Cycle Act enacted in Japan.
• Received the Excellence Award at the 18th Environmental Communication Awards.
• Conducted the action plan for the third period concerning the Act on Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children.
• Supported the town development of Tono-shi, Iwate, through trade promotion (Toyo SC Trading.)
• Received the Golden Award at the 36th Japan BtoB Advertisement Award (Toyo Ink.)
• Submits Corporate Governance Report to Tokyo Stock Exchange.
• LIOACCUM™ ONE-SHOT WANISU™, material for lithium-ion battery electrodes, adopted for new model of Prius.
• National Environmental Protection Law revised in China.
• Freon Emission Control Law enacted.
• Japanese version of Corporate Governance Code enacted.
• Revised Industrial Safety and Health Law, Implementation of stress check made compulsory.
• ISO 14001: 2015 published.
• Paris Agreementadopted by COP21. Reach international agreement onwarming countermeasures.
• Hokkaido Office of Toyo FPP Co., Ltd. (Sapporo-shi) designated as Area which Requires Action in accordance with Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act.
• Acquires adhesive medicinal products business from Sekisui Medical Co., Ltd.
• Saitama Plant of Toyo-Morton, Ltd. receives commendation from Commissioner of the Fire and Disaster Management Agency as exceptionaloffice in relationto dangerous substances.
• Develops and launches new and energy-saving form of UV-hardening offset ink.
• Electricity retailing fully liberalized.
• Revision of Industrial Safety and Health Act requires risk assessment for 640 specified substances.
• Paris Agreement takes effect.
• Received the Excellence Award at the 20th Environmental Communication Awards.
• Received the Japan Society of Biomass Industries' (JSBI) Achievement Award for the Promotion of Biomass Products.
• Received the 41st Kinoshita Prize for the Packaging Technology Category and the 2017 Japan Packaging Contest's Technical Packaging Award.
• British and French governments announce policy to ban new diesel and gasoline cars by 2040.
• Minamata Convention on Mercury comes into effect.
• Revised Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act comes declared.
• A Circular Economy for Flexible Packaging (CEFLEX) established as a European consortium that promotes circular economy in the field of flexible packaging.
• Received the Excellence Award at the 21st Environmental Communication Awards.
• Established the new environmental goals for 2027 that correspond to the long-term corporate vision SIC27.
• Received Japan's Minister of the Environment Prize at the 27th Global Environment Awards for “Contributing to the Realization of a Sustainable Society through the Development of Biomass Products.”
• Started joint research on a box-type cultivaion method for fruit using the Zero-Agri™ AI-based irrigation and fertilization system.
• “TOYO INK 1050+” website renewed as a site providing solutions based on the themes of “Color and Sustainability.”
• Received the Excellence Award at the Eco Mark Award 2018.
• Ocean Plastics Charter adopted at the G7 Summit.
• IPCC published a Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C.
• The Heavy Rain Event of July 2018
• Received the Judging Comittee's Special Award at the 22nd Environmental Communication Awards.
• Received the Highly Commended honor for CSR Materiality Reporting and Report Design at the 4th Asian Sustainability Reporting Awards.
• Toyo Ink (Philippines) obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• Developed a removal system (deinking) of printing ink components found in plastic containers and packaging, and a technology for separating laminated adhesive layers.
• China puts into effect the Soil Pollution Prevention & Control Law.
• Japanese overnment established the Clean Ocean Material Alliance with the aim of resolving marine plastic waste issues.
• Japan's Ministry of the Environment released an Action Plan to Reduce Marine Plastic Waste.
• Non-renewal (Abolition) of Takeover Defense Measures
• Toyo Ink Vietnam obtained ISO 14001 certification.
• Participated White Logistics Movement.
• Endorsed the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and Its Recommendations
• Revised Air Pollution Control Law issued.
• Formulated National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights.
• Revised the Toyo Ink Group Human Resources Policy.
• Received the Energy Conservation Center Chairman's Award at the Energy Conservation Grand Prize 2020. (Toyochem Co., Ltd.)
• Received the Excellence Award at the 24th Environmental Communication Awards.
• Supported Challenge Initiatives for 30% of Executives to be Women by 2030.
• Introduced the volunteer leave system.
• Endorsed the Declaration of Biodiversity by Keidanren.
• Issued the first Integrated Report "Integrated Report 2021."
• Switched to renewable energy supplying all of the power consumed at Kansai Branch Office.
• Japanese government announced the first state of emergency associated with the COVID-19.
• The Global Warming Prevention Headquarters declared the goal of realizing a carbon-neutral, decarbonized society by 2050.
• Revised Air Pollution Control Law enacted.
• The Plastic Resource Circulation Act issued.
• Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. publicated Revised Japan's Corporate Governance Code
• The IPCC pablicated the Sixth Assessment Report (the Working Group I; The Physical Science Basis)
• Revised PRTR Law issued.
• The CSR Generalization Committee was reorganized into the Sustainability Committee, and newly established the ESG Promotion Committee under the Sustainability Committee.
• The Sustainability Vision “TSV2050/2030” established.
• Kawagoe Factory of Toyochem Co., Ltd. completed the technical management building obtained “Nearly ZEB” certification.
• Transitioned to being a company with an Audit and Supervisory Committee
• Switched to renewable energy supplying all of the power consumed at the Kyobashi Head Office.
• Introduced a partnership system and began efforts to increase the number of ALLY (people who understand and side with all differences).
• Participated in the 30by30 Alliance for Biodiversity.
• Disclose information about climate change in accordance with TCFD recommendations.
• Updated our Procurement Principles and Standard for Selecting Suppliers, and established the Toyo Ink Group Sustainable Supply Chain Guidelines.
• Received the Gold Award at the PRIDE Index 2022.
• Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. restructured its stock market into three new market segments: Prime Market, Standard Market, and Growth Market.
• Revised the Child Care and Family Care Leave Act enacted in stages.
• The Financial Services Agency has published a draft version of the Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Disclosure of Corporate Affairs, etc. (expanded disclosure of corporate initiatives regarding sustainability).
• Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry released the Guidelines on Respecting Human Rights in Responsible Supply Chains.